I love Pinterest. Thankfully, a year later, I am not *quite* as obsessed as I was when I was first introduced to it last summer. For the most part, I’ve had really great luck with Pinning projects. Tons of great ideas, crafts and recipes. Especially with trying to find age appropriate things, or dietary restrictions, I have found a plethora of sites I probably wouldn’t have stumbled upon myself.
Anyway… this past week I’ve tried a few new things. It must have been my bust week. Thankfully, they were on beans and rice, and the loss didn’t cost me much and I popped open a can of beans to save dinner.
Here are some recent FAVORITE recipes:
- Pepperoni Pizza Roll Ups
- Shredded Beef Tacos – A great “staple” recipes
- Crock Pot Hawaiin Chicken – easy, yummy & just add rice!
- Panko Crusted Oven “Fried” Green Beans & Sriracha Mayonnaise – I had these as an appetizer at Disneyland’s Trader Sam’s Tiki Bar. They were amazing, and I knew I had to try to recreate them. Lucky for me, i found them on pinterest no problem! The Sriracha sauce is spicy, but when making it at home you can tone it down, or spice it up! And is a MUST with the green beans!!!
- San Diego Style Fish Tacos with White Sauce – These were MUCH easier than I even thought possible! Really good too! Word of advice. Use vegetable or canola oil. NOT OLIVE oil and fill pot slightly deeper than the fish chunks (I did 2inx2in ISH) so that the chunks are SUBMERGED like the recipe calls for. I tried to cheat the system. Didn’t work so well. Last half of the batch was MUCH better!
- Salmon Florentein – Even the guys really liked this one! Great for a reheat of leftovers (add the spinach cheese topping and bake a bit) and just a general change of pace from our usual Sweet Soyaki (Soy sauce ,Teriyaki & Brown Sugar concoction)
- Rubios Style Not Refried Beans – Loved the idea… did NOT love the outcome. Super bummed. They had a weird taste. On the hunt for another White Girl Pinto Bean recipe
- Spanish Rice – I had to keep adding water, and then they got too soggy when they were actually done cooking. Super frustrated it was like rice mash.
What are your recent favorites or flops?