My Dear Baby Silas.
It is 6 months to the moment I knew you would be here soon. Tomorrow you will 6 months old. 6 months since the day we welcomed you into our family. 6 months since I fell head over heals in love. Love at first sight for sure. Days before you came I wrote you this…
Dear little Silas, I know this next year is going to be a hard one. Were going to hit bumps in the road, but you and me, were going to make it. This isn’t the picture I had in my head of how I would bring my first little baby home. But God has dreams infinitely bigger then the pictures I’ve pieced together in my mind. So bear with me little one. I think we will both have to cut each other some grace and learn how to do this cohabitation thing ! But one day, I hope that we will look back and realize those were some of the sweetest days and memories. We will someday look back and see God’s love, peace and grace poured over us at this time and realize how much stronger we both are as people because of the things we are going to go thru.
I can’t tell you how excited I am for the day I will get to meet you. And the joy and excitement for the day that your dad will get to meet you as well excites me even more. I can’t wait to bring you home and start a count down of days until we are reunited as a family and we celebrate your first birthday together.
I’m ready to stop being worried, and give my anxious heart to our Heavenly Father. I’m going to enjoy every day I still get to carry you around with me everywhere I go. And When you decided to come, I’ll be ever so thrilled.
There sure have been many “bumps” in our road and journey together. Our first 6 weeks together were rough, but we made it. God bestowed much grace and peace in my heart. He provided dear friends and family to help us make it.
I look forward to the day when I get to introduce you to your daddy and you meet for the first time. You are so much like him in so many ways. And I find it amazing all your common traits although you have never met.
Daily, my little one, I try my best to surrender my life, worries and sorrow to Our Savior. Above all, I hope if you remember anything about these sweet days we share together, it is that your mama trusted that God would take care of us. His dreams are infinitely bigger then ours, Silas!
So, Happy 6 Month Birthday Big Boy!!!
- You are 16lbs 1 oz. (Almost exactly double your 8.1 birth weight)
- You are 27 1/4 inches long (6 & 1/2 inches from you birth length)
- You LOVE to eat. I think fruits are your favorite. But you hardly ever turn food down. You usually like to eat about 4-6oz a sitting 2-3xs a day.
- You are now eating: pears, apples, peaches, blueberries, yams, sweet potatoes, regular potatoes, squash, peas, carrots, spicy foods and sweet foods, and you love rice from Tokyo Grill!
- You are sleeping from 7pm until sometime between 7 & 8am waking up a few times during the night.
- You are so personable! You love people. You love smiling and watching and flirting. You are so cute. Whenever we go out, people usually say “He is SO HAPPY!” You Smile wide, and get excited when people interact with you. You also love to wave at people
- You smile all the time and I love it! You are a flirter for sure. You still have an “eyebrow” thing, and it melts my heart
- You love your friends. Samuel and you are best buds, talking, scooting, eating and playing together all the time.
- You light up when you see your favorite people. Grandma & Grandpa, Your Unky Dan, Aunty Em & Uncle Kevin. You also love to talk with your Daddy, Nani & Grandad & Knizley Fam on Skype. It really is so cute =)
- You are trying so hard to crawl on your hands and knees. But you scoot very well. I find you all over the place when I leave the room.
- You love cords, outlets, plugs, etc… pretty much anything you aren’t supposed to get in to.
6 months baby boy! We made it this far! I hear its all down hill from here 😉
You are a joy to wake up to every morning. Your smiles and kisses make me so excited to get up every morning. I love you with all my heart =)